Weekly Workout Log

Monday-

Tuesday- Ran for 1 hour, 3.75 miles, 657 calories

Wednesday-

Thursday-

Friday-

Saturday-

Sunday-

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Post 31

Workout- Treadmill 30 minutes 1.5 miles, 200 calories. I'm not really sure how, but I managed to go a quarter mile less than last time, and burn 25 more calories. Haha, weird how stuff works huh? It was pretty damn hot in there tonight. My calves were killing me, and then my shin splints started acting up. If it wasn't for that I probably would've go close to 2 milesish. I ended up having to take it easy for about the last 10 minutes or so. Lately I've been having problems with my calves. I think they've just been super tight. I guess I should probably take more time to stretch. By the way, if anyone knows of a way to get rid of shin splints PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

Anyways, I realized that I did my 30th post yesterday. Given several times that I've had multiple posts in one day, and some days where I haven't posted at all, I figure that means I've been blogging actively for about a month. I haven't really lost all that much weight in the last month, but I'm definitely in better shape. I can run farther than I could before. When I first started, I would only spend 15 minutes on either the treadmill or bike. I kind of did that on purpose because I thought I could go faster and burn more calories that way. After I got my triathlon training book, and started training with the goal of completing a triathlon in mind, I started worrying more about endurance than speed. That has helped my greatly. Lately I've been burning a minimum of about 200 calories per session. And also, I've been playing a little tennis in addition to my workouts. And hey, I've even picked up a few readers in the last month.

Diet is definitely my biggest obstacle at this point. I have been conciously trying to eat better. Mainly by eating a less than I would normally, or by trying to avoid pointless snacking. I have to do a lot of work when it comes to quality of the food I eat, and definitely nutrition, because I'm not eating very good food. But I've definitely made some progress, and lost a few pounds. As I continue to improve both my workouts and my nutrition I'm sure the weight will take care of itself.

The pool in my apartments opens in the next couple of days. I get to start swimming, something I used to hate doing, now I'm looking forward to it because of the quality of exercise it provides, and the whole triathlon training thing too. Hopefully as I add swimming into my exercise schedule, it will help me to burn a lot more calories and lose some more weight. That is my goal for sure.

Wish me luck as I continue down the healthy path.

1 comment:

  1. The scale can be an inaccurate indicator of success, esp when you're spending a lot of time in the gym. It'll catch up tho... if you keep after it.

    ReplyDelete