Weekly Workout Log

Monday-

Tuesday- Ran for 1 hour, 3.75 miles, 657 calories

Wednesday-

Thursday-

Friday-

Saturday-

Sunday-

Friday, May 29, 2009

Nice Sunny Friday

Work sucked, kinda shitty, really boring day. Then I got paid, had some delicious chicken for dinner, and went swimming. Was in the pool for like 90 minutes or so. Got some good work in. I think I at least had some time where my freestyle stroke felt good. The last couple nights I've done the majority of my swimming underwater, with my sort-of breast stroke. I like swimming underwater because I don't have to worry about breathing in rhythm, because I still haven't gotten the hang of that.

Then I kinda started thinking about how when I was a kid I was afraid of swimming. I was scared to death when they tried to make me dive off the side when I took swim lessons. Hell, even when I was a teenager I hated swimming. I hated it all the way up until about 2 or 3 years ago. I'm not exactly sure when it changed, or why, but now I love it. I went from not being able to put my head under water to PREFERRING swimming under water. Now I'm actually worrying about trying to improve my stroke. I'm sure part of it is because I've realized that swimming is AWESOME exercise. Part of it is probably because I had to do some swimming when I "did" the triathlon in college. Like I said, I don't really know what changed that made me enjoy the pool, but I'm damn glad it did. Now I'm hoping that the pool will help me erase several years of laziness and get into the best shape of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment