Weekly Workout Log

Monday-

Tuesday- Ran for 1 hour, 3.75 miles, 657 calories

Wednesday-

Thursday-

Friday-

Saturday-

Sunday-

Thursday, May 7, 2009

HOLY SHIT

Right off the bat, I'll give you the stats:

Bike- 45 minutes, 11 miles, 225 calories

Treadmill- 15 minutes, .75 miles, 100 calories (forgot to look so I'm estimating)

Total- 1 hour, almost 12 miles, 325 Calories


Whew. No seriously, WHEW!!!! I was feeling pretty good today, all alone, didn't have work, didn't workout yesterday. So I figured I'd push it. Since I'm training for a triathlon, I figured I'd try to things in one workout.

At first, I was planning about 40 easy minutes on the bike, then maybe a 10 minute jog or something along those lines. About 3/4 of the way through my 40 minutes on the bike, I realized I had a shot at getting 10 miles, so I pushed, and pushed hard. Ended up hitting 10 miles at roughly 40:08, or thereabouts. Since I went really hard, and because there was a guy on the treadmill I like, I figured I'd do a bit of a cool down, ended up at 45 minutes. Once I started running I figured what the hell, I was going for a tough workout, might as well round out the hour. After a little over 10 minutes of pushing it, I did about 5 minutes of cooling down to complete the 60 minutes.

Then I walked home, downed some gatorade, and had to get on here to brag about it. I'm really happy, and proud of myself. I can't say for sure if I've lost any weight this week, and I know I haven't really in the few weeks I've been working out. But I'm so happy with the progress I've made cardiovascularly I dont really care. I mean, before I started following the plan in this triathlon book, I was doing 15 minute stints on a bike or treadmill then maybe a little bit of weight work. Today I did an hour of continuous, difficult cardio, without stopping or anything, and despite a little leg soreness, I feel really good.

It probably sounds really cheesey, but this is the type of thing that makes me think that I can lose the weight I have to get off, live my life the way I want to, and have a successful career in fitness. Suffice to say, I'm having a pretty damn good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment