Weekly Workout Log

Monday-

Tuesday- Ran for 1 hour, 3.75 miles, 657 calories

Wednesday-

Thursday-

Friday-

Saturday-

Sunday-

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Fireworks Run

First off, not as fun as the title implies. Especially when I'm sick, a lot of firework scent in the air, although I do LOVE that smell, does not make breathing the easiest or most pleasant thing to do.

Anyways, went for my first outdoor run this evening. It was pretty nice, went during sort of "early dusk" I guess you could call it that, so it was pretty nice weather, not as hot as earlier in the day. Don't really know how far I went, guestimation would be about 2 miles based on random pavement markings on the path that had to have been used for some type of race that I didn't know happened. That, combined with warm up and cool down, came up to about 30 minutes. The markings say things like "8.2 miles" "8.8 miles" and "9.4 miles" along with their corresponding kilometer values, and their sort of in the middles of the paths I was on, so I'm just guessing at the distance. And, if it only took 30 minutes, 2 miles might be a little more than the actual distance. But anyways, I ran/walked for 30 minutes.

My shins feel fine, which is a pretty big development, because last time I ran outside, it hurt to walk afterwards. My legs are a little tight, but that just means I got some stretching to catch up on. So yeah, I'm pretty happy with my first outdoor run. I think I still prefer the treadmill, at least until I can one of those really cool, but spendy, heart rate monitors that tracks distance, speed, etc. Because I like how the treadmill tells me how fast and far I'm going, and tracks lap/mile times and all that tremendous stuff.

So now I'm alone, bored, watching the Macy's fireworks show on TV (because the big show here got cancelled and thus isnt on TV) and rambling on my blog. I think I'll leave it at that. So to all a Happy 4Th of July, and to all a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment