Weekly Workout Log

Monday-

Tuesday- Ran for 1 hour, 3.75 miles, 657 calories

Wednesday-

Thursday-

Friday-

Saturday-

Sunday-

Monday, September 28, 2009

YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN THE T*ts on.that Weigh-In

Just taking a little advice on spicing up my boring titles. Haha, I thought that was pretty damn funny, thanks for the tip Ms CM. Good Stuff, good stuff indeed.

232.4 lbs--- Down .4 lbs

I suppose that this proves that nutrition probably has more impact on my weight loss (at this point) than does exercise. I think I've mentioned on here before that my job is pretty active and I burn a good deal of calories doing it. Just in case you haven't figured it out yet, I managed to follow up my "triumphant" workout Friday with nothing at all over the weekend. Its kind of funny how a couple extra hours can soon disappear completely. Saturday, after I got home from work, I spent a couple hours impatiently waiting for the mail to arrive to see if my paycheck was in it. Lately my mail hasn't been showing up until like 4 or so, but I figured I'd give it some extra time just in case. This may sound loserish, but I really wanted that check, I had big plans for it, lol. So anyways, after it still hadn't come by 5:30, I went to pick up my girlfriend from work, then we went for a late (well late compared to my normal routine) dinner. By the time I got home at like 7:30 or 8 I had no energy left to workout. Similar type of thing happened Sunday and I ended up not working out this weekend.

HOWEVER, The good part was my food intake. I normally end up, in the course of my 4 day work week, eating 4 breakfasts and 4 lunches (I leave for work at 4am and get off at 5) all from various fast food places, with an occasional Subway or similar sandwich mixed in. This week, I managed to eat only 1 breakfast and 1 1/2 lunches from fast food (1 lunch wasn't technically fast food, being from a food cart at my work, although it definitely wasn't healthy). Replacing my normal variations on a sausage egg and cheese croisant with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for three days, and subbing home made tuna sandwiches on wheat, and hot dogs (still not healthy, but less calories) with my normal choices, typically some type of burger, or fried chicken, or something else full of a million calories.

So I think the point is, somewhat better food, some exercise, and a lot of MIPHA (moderately intense phyiscal activity) lead to a good result on the scale. Nothing especially exciting or flashy, but it works. And if I could just do that every week, at roughly a half pound loss, after a year I'd be down like 20 lbs. Not too bad eh?

Wow, after that long and boring disertation, I'll add a little sunshine, figuretively speaking.

Today we went to the beach. In Seaside, we paroused the shops, walked the beach, hunted for shells and sand dollars. At Cannon Beach, we looked at some more shops, found the beach, walked about 3/4 of the way to the waterline, then turned around. By the time we got back to the car, after a stop at a grocery store for drinks, we were drenched, as in completely and totally to the bone, gotta love the Oregon coast, lol. Then in Tillamook, we went to the cheese factory, sampled some cheese, bought some cheese, and some chocolate milk, and some fudge (go figure, fudge at a cheese factory???). After that, and still soaking wet, we got back in the car and commenced the long drive home, well actually its only a few hours. After stopping at Hooters for some dinner we got home. My girlfriend dumped the sand out of her socks (dont really know how it ended up there, I guess its because the socks she wears barely get over her heels, I only had sand in my shoes, not socks) and changed out of her still damp clothes. My clothes has dried by then, but hers were still somewhat damp, this was like 3 or 4 hours after we got back to the car. All of this activity totalled roughly 24,400 steps. And despite getting caught on the beach in a downpour, it ended up being a completely awesome day and it left me with a few good ideas of other things to do at the beach. Not what you may be thinking, far more mature than that.

Now its back to be active tomorrow, lol.

2 comments:

  1. Hate to lay down a challenge, but are you seriously going to let me slip under 220 before you get under 230? Really?

    Cuz I'm a pound and change from there and working out like Clubber Lang in Rocky III.

    Where you at?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....look at that, I am comment number 2....see, it works. lol.
    Good on you for A.) taking my advice...all should bow and B.) losing that .4 of a pound. I think you should publicly challenge Mr. Sh*t, call him out as it were. Nothing sends the tickles up a fatty bloggers leg like a challenge. Go get em fat trainer...go get em.

    ReplyDelete