Weekly Workout Log

Monday-

Tuesday- Ran for 1 hour, 3.75 miles, 657 calories

Wednesday-

Thursday-

Friday-

Saturday-

Sunday-

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

FUCK

Okay, I normally try not to use much profanity on here, but this time it is warranted, way warranted.

I've mentioned several times recently that I've been contemplating taking a crack at lowering my mile time, and trying to hit my 10 minute goal. Well today was the day.

So I got in a nice warm up, a good stretch, hopped on the treadmill and got going. First lap in slightly over 2:30. Second one passed at just about the 5 minute mark. I was starting to run out of steam, so I took it a little easy on lap 3: something like 7:45 or 7:50, I really didnt think I had a shot at 10, but it was still a PR shoe in. A little bit into lap 4 I figured what the hell, lets go for it. Up goes the speedometer (I think its called that on treadmills?) past 6 mph, past 7, past 7.5. There I am, sprinting my ass off, over 8 miles per hour, I've gotta be like 50 meters away from the finish line (imaginary of course because I'm on the treadmill), and I'm closing in on 10 minutes. I might not make it, but I'll get damn close. Then................................... BAM.

The treadmill stops. Shuts off, completely dead. The belt freezes, comes to a complete and immediate hault. To be completely honest, I'm probably pretty lucky that I didnt get hurt. But man, I'm so freaking pissed that it did that. Completely killed my workout too. After it happened, I tried to do some elipticalling (thats my new action word for using the eliptical), did the 3 minute fitness test thingy, scored like a 10.5 and it told me I'm Olympic again, lol, but didnt have any motivation to do more, tried to do some pushups and other body weight stuff, couldnt get into it. So, I did a little stretching, told the attendant about the treadmill stopping (she said it does it every once in a while and that I should use the other one, which I'm going to do from now on, even if theres people that are working out over there and watching TV and I dont want to get in their way) and left.

Perhaps the thing that suprises me the most, well other than almost dying on the amazing stopping treadmill, is that I feel pretty good. I'm tired, but thats normal after a tough workout. My body feels good, I figured I'd be really sore after that run. But I felt like I could keep going, not at the same pace, but keep going nonetheless. I guess the main lesson I learned today, is that even though I'm not losing much weight, I am getting in WAY better shape. Now I just gotta get the weight off, then I'll look good busting out 10 minute miles, lol thats slow but I'm working on it. And I'm gonna go up there and kick the 10 minute mile's ass in the next week or so.

By the way, Nature Valley Granola Nut Clusters, the cashew ones, are freaking good. I just had one, like 10 seconds ago, and they're hecka crunchy, but really good. (And 100% Natural, adds the girlfriend, haha)

On that yummy note, have a nice night, and a successful tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. WEll, your title should get some attention...lmao.....your lucky you didn't plant a facer and have incline tattoed on your forehead. Maybe next time you could do the stop watch and the track. You made me laugh. I'll give you that. Hey man, just motivation for next time right?! dollars to donuts you make it bud. Have a great night.

    ReplyDelete