Weekly Workout Log

Monday-

Tuesday- Ran for 1 hour, 3.75 miles, 657 calories

Wednesday-

Thursday-

Friday-

Saturday-

Sunday-

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

This is gonna be long

Workout first: running, 3.357 miles, 52 minutes, 592 calories, avg speed 3.88 mph

Pretty freaking awesome workout. My farthest run yet, by like 1/4 mile or a little more. And if I'm not mistaken, I think thats also my "fastest" avg speed as well. I'm thinking that, in the near future, I need to time another mile to see how much I can take off the 11:30 and change I did a while ago. I think I've definitely improved my endurance, and thats really the only thing thats holding back my mile times. So, I'll have to give that a shot.

As I promised last night, I really don't know how I managed to lose 3 lbs last week. I got 2 good workouts in, really good ones, and spent 2 or 3 hours walking around the Vancouver Sausage Festival, which by the way is really cool, on Saturday. I guess a big part of it was that I took food to work most days, which cuts back my calories a lot.

Anyways, after the 3.2 lb loss, I'm currently .2 lbs from hitting my first weight loss goal, which is totally awesome. So I'm going to build on my awesome workout today, keep it going for the rest of the week, and (hopefully) the wall will finally be brought down.

I've noticed lately that I've been having problems maintaining workouts on the days that I have work. Its most likely because the crazy sleep schedule zaps my energy, and the last couple weeks have been pretty busy which also can make my job physically tiring. So, I'm definitely going to have to get a handle on the whole work thing if I'm going to be able to stay on the weight loss train.

I also wanted to mention the Biggest Loser premiere tonight. For the most part it was awesome. I'm worried for the one lady, I think her name was Tracy, the one that collapsed during the first challenge. To my non-medically trained eye, it looked like she had a stroke, so I hope she ends up being okay. This brings up the point that what the hell were they doing having these people, I think 5 people are over 400 lbs, running that much on their first day. I've been watching the show for several seasons, and thats really the only beef I have, other than the fact that someone can lost 15 lbs and go home, they make the contestants do stuff that they really have no business doing. I realize that it is a TV show, and they need to do entertaining and dramatic stuff to keep people watching, but there has to be some kind of happy median they can come to that would make it interesting and safe. Considering that the trainers are supposed to be world class, not to mention the team of doctors and exercise scientists advising, they have entirely too many big injuries, in my humble opinion. I guess this is probably debatable, but like I said, I absolutely love the show, thats just the issue I have with it.

As I said, this is pretty damn long. So I'm gonna grab a bite and go to bed. Hope you all had a successful day.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't watch it but heard about the woman who lost her whole family. I hope she does well. I don't think running at that weight is good on the joints. I refuse to run till I am near to goal weight. It's five times whatever weight you are on your ankle joints, and my joints just don't need it. Congrats on losing 3 lbs even though you attended the sausage fest....that is a feet in and of itself. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete