Weekly Workout Log

Monday-

Tuesday- Ran for 1 hour, 3.75 miles, 657 calories

Wednesday-

Thursday-

Friday-

Saturday-

Sunday-

Friday, September 18, 2009

Routine

Unfortunately I've managed to stick to my routine for the last 2 days. In case you missed the post (it was in the last couple posts), over the last few weeks I've noticed that I haven't really had any energy to workout on the days that I have work. Its an energy thing, I'm just so damned tired after work that I dont feel like working out. So, true to form, I havent worked out for the last 2 days.

Arrrgghhh. Its annoying, and another reason why I dont like my job. But I seriously need to snap out of it tomorrow and Sunday if I'm going to finally break 230.

Alright, on my last post I mentioned some of the exercises I did in my workout. Remember? REMEMBER???? Lol, I mentioned the Standing Lat Pull Down, and that it was very difficult. Well lets just say, I dont remember my upper back ever being as tight as it has been the last few days. Neck, shoulders, between the shoulder blades, all hecka sore. But the thing that really surprised me was that my abs are sore. In my post I also mentioned that I didnt do any core work in my workout. And all the other exercises I did were the same as last time, so the only thing I can think of, is that the Standing Lat Pull Down worked my core pretty hard, I can still feel it in my upper abs, right around the bottom of my rib cage. Oh, and I didnt mention it because I didnt think it was particularly significant, but I did a lot of calf raises. I havent done calf raises in quite a while. And boy oh boy, my calves still hurt like hell 2 days later.

Oh well, I guess I should remember that pain is just weakness leaving the body. Or in this case, pain is just my body healing the micro-tears in my muscles that strength training causes and that it causes your body to continue to burn calories at an above normal rate for long after your workout ends. Good stuff, good stuff indeed.

Heres to having a successful workout weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you can find the energy to do your exercise on your work days. YOu can do it...rah rah rah. I am having a craptastic day, that was my attempt to be cheery. You can do it though. Maybe just do ten minutes of walking or something....it's something.

    ReplyDelete