Weekly Workout Log

Monday-

Tuesday- Ran for 1 hour, 3.75 miles, 657 calories

Wednesday-

Thursday-

Friday-

Saturday-

Sunday-

Monday, August 31, 2009

Centennial Weigh-In

232.4 lbs --- down .4 lbs

Have to say that is a pretty good loss, especially since I didn't eat well at all this week. Way too much fried foods, and a few cookies thrown is as well. Oh well, half a pound lost is half a pound lost.

April 4th 2009 was my first post on here, as well as my first weigh-in. Funny thing is, wanna know what I weighed? 242.4 lbs. I've lost exactly 10 lbs, and it "only" took me 100 posts to do it. If you've followed this blog for a while, like Jack Sh*t and some others, then you undoubtedly know that its been very frustrating how slowly the weight is coming off. Not that I have anyone to blame but myself. Consistency is the problem, one week I'll do awesome and lose 3 or 4 lbs, the next I'll eat crap workout twice and gain a pound. Something that I struggle with, but also something that I'm constantly working on and trying to improve.

As seasons come and go, summer is almost over. The swimming pool in my apartments will be closing in the next week or so, which means I'll have to turn exclusively to running and biking, all the way through June. Which is actually good, ever since like early July, I haven't really been using the pool for exercise, at least not consistently. And I've been letting it take away from my other workouts. So, no I can focus on my running, and throw in some bike time when my legs hurt, or if I want a change, or if my girlfriend wants to go for a bike ride. I'm also going to make a concerted effort to *consistently* add more strength training into my routine. Ironically, for someone who has a personal training degree, I've been "winging it" the whole time, I haven't made any attempts to try to make up, and adhere to, a fitness plan where I can have an actual routine. I'm going to do that and see if it helps with the C-word.

So to recap, even though I haven't realized the results as quickly as I would like, not even close, I have to say that its been a good first 100 posts. I haven't lost ten pounds, probably since my first year of college, 3 years ago. I'm refocusing my efforts and hopefully I'll make some very real and positive changes over the next 100 posts. Heck, maybe I'll even manage to lose more than 1/10th of a pound per post.

3 comments:

  1. Don't get too discouraged. You're digging in pretty hard ground. If you weighed 300 or 400 pounds, I can see being disappointed, but you're a lot closer to goal that a lot of folks. Just keep working hard and try to shoot for a little more consistency. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude, pick up a ten pound bag of sugar. Put it in a backpack, and carry it around all day. You'll feel better about the ten pounds after that. Jack is right, you are digging in hard ground. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the support. I didn't really mean to say that I'm not happy, like I said, its the first time in at least 3 years that I've lost any amount of weight. Its just that it gets disappointing, or maybe annoying might be a better word choice, when it doesn't come off as quickly as I'd like. I did realize that, since I theoretically post every day, that I've averaged 1/10th lb a day weight loss, so thats actually pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete