Weekly Workout Log

Monday-

Tuesday- Ran for 1 hour, 3.75 miles, 657 calories

Wednesday-

Thursday-

Friday-

Saturday-

Sunday-

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tomorrow.

Tomorrow, I'm running.

Remember? I said that last night. And......................

I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to fit in a run this afternoon, and I knew I'd be watching Biggest Loser tonight, so I was worried about being to do it. But then something happened, I ran out the door slightly after 10am. It was cold and ugly outside, thankfully it didnt rain today, but I did it, I was cold, the air was really cold, it was in like the low 50's. It was kinda odd, at least to me, sweating in the cold, it was different. I'm not used to doing stuff outside when its cold, I am NOT a winter person, not in the least, I'm only really accustomed to sweating in the warmth of sunshine.

But regardless of weather, I got my run in. It felt pretty good. I was actually a little surprised because my legs felt terrific, I didn't really do much stretching, but I didn't have any calf or shin tightness. It was pretty damn cool. Did just under 2.5 miles, 40 minutes, burned 425 calories.

If you watch The Biggest Loser, you may have noticed at the end of tonights show, when they were showing how much progress Dina has made, they mentioned that she had completed her first half-marathon, and was training for a full marathon. On that show, they seem to always be doing marathons and stuff. I want to do at least a half marathon this coming summer. But I don't know exactly how to go about ramping up my mileage. When I go on my runs, I run some and I walk some, but the ratio doesn't really seem to be improving all that much. I'm not sure if I should go for longer distances, or shorter ones.

You see, in my fitness history, I've done a lot of weight lifting. Thats fairly simply, lift this much weight enough times, and you'll be able to lift more. But over that time, even when I was a high school athlete, I never paid much attention to cardio. I've always hated running, done what I could to avoid it. So, as a result, I really don't know anything about running, and I don't really know how to get better at it. Hmmmm maybe I'll get a book or something. Has anyone read, or done, ChiRunning??? I was reading about it today and it sounds interesting.

Anywho, I hope you all are doing well on your journeys.

2 comments:

  1. I can't say that I have ever enjoyed running, but when I was in the army I did a fair amount of it....The only way to get better at running is to do it. Some people take the interval approach...2 minutes walking 2 minutes running....or as I like to call it...2 minutes walking...2 minutes lumbering. I think your supposed to up your run times till your running all the way through.. I am sure there are websites out there. I read all the time about some sort of couch to 5k program. Right now I am afraid of being on a couch to emergency room program, so I avoid it till I'm lighter lol. Good on you for getting out into the cold and running. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete