Weekly Workout Log

Monday-

Tuesday- Ran for 1 hour, 3.75 miles, 657 calories

Wednesday-

Thursday-

Friday-

Saturday-

Sunday-

Monday, October 5, 2009

Slowly disappearing man-tits (10-5-09)

New title for weigh-in posts? You be the judge?

230.6 lbs-- Down 1.8 lbs

Another good week on the scale, mostly due to food. I love it for sure. If I can keep this up, and add in some extra exercise, I'll definitely kick some butt. Not to mention, I think I'm actually gonna get past 230 this week, I have a good feeling about it at least.

Unfortunately, today ended up going down the crapper. Dropped my girlfriend off at the train station, then spent the entire rest of the day screwing with trying to switch out the car battery. Spent about 2 hours parked in front of the parts store using their loaner tools trying to get one of the damn post things off of the old battery, finally gave up and came home to look through our parts. Then it got worse, I broke a friggin socket, dont even ask me how it happened, but I pulled on the wrench, and the socket actually broke, lol, oh then I dropped one of the wrenches I just paid like 4 dollars for and now its stuck on something under the engine and won't come out. Then we go to another parts store, buy a (uhmm pair of pliers that has a tension locking thing) and finally the freaking bolt broke. It was so coroded that it actually broke off inside the battery. So, we get a new post/bolt and FINALLY get the new battery in, and the problem may not even be fixed. GRRRR We probably spent about a hundred bucks on it and it might not be fixed.

Wow, didnt really mean to turn this into an auto blog lol. Gotta get it back on track: Exercise, exercise, exercise, lost 1.8 lbs woooooooooo, exercise, exercise. There, now I'm back on my game.

Anyone ever taken EAS MYOPLEX??? I keep seeing commercials for it, and I think I might try it. I mean come on they have Adrian Peterson and Brady Quinn advertising it, AP is an absolute beast, and Quinn was a starter for like what? 5 games or so? Lol.

Okay, speaking of supplement and stuff of that sort. I've been hearing commercials on the radio for some kind of weight loss thing, I think its actually suppose to be like a weight loss clinic. It talks about using Dr (something or other)'s HCG Protocol, and how it makes people lose lots of weight. "I stepped on the scale after 4 days and had already lost 8 pounds" is one of the testimonials on the ad. The thing is, the commercial absolutely pisses me off every time I hear it, which is like a couple times a day while listening to the radio at work. The main advantage of using doctor whomever's whatever weight loss thingy??? "It only takes 25 days, you don't have to change your lifestyle." 25 may not be the exact number, but you get the point. Now, being that you all are doing what you doing, you obviously see the fault in this logic. But this type of thing, miracle drugs, "cleanses", and I'm sure you could easily add a few to that list, they make me angry. Personally, I'm kind of torn as far as weight loss surgeries go as well, I mean they serve a purpose, but people who have them done very often (I don't have statistics) gain a lot of weight back, because they still do the same things that made them gain it in the first place, I guess it depends on if its used as a beginning or as a treatment in and of itself.

I suppose that this is the type of thing that makes me realize the passion I actually do have for fitness. And believe you me, I've spent a lot of time over the course of gaining like 30 pounds since I got my degree in fitness questioning whether or not I had the passion I'd need to actually have a career in the field, let alone just lose the weight myself. But it is definitely there, just needs to be refueled every once in a while.

I guess I might as well get all of the tangents out in one night. On the subject of EAS, a supplement company if you didn't know, I have a deep interest and fascination in nutrition and supplements. Creatine, ephedrine, nitric oxide, steroids, HGH, it all fascinates me. I think that if I had unlimited time and money, I'd get a Bachelors degree in exercise physiology, a Masters in nutrition and a PHD in sports nutrition/supplements, and since I didn't have to worry about a could hundred thousand dollars of student loans (due to my unlimited money), I'd spend my life teaching teenagers how to live active, healthy, fit lives and help them to achieve their fitness and athletic goals. And it would be completely awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Those commercials piss me off too. When you spend as much time as 'we' do exercising and counting beans, the magic pill commercials make you want to cut a b*tch. The thing is, anybody who has been overweight for a ny length of time has tried this. It's a chimera. A mirage. Ultimately it distracts you from doing what needs to be done.
    or, as bud lightyear once famously said
    "Years of academy training wasted!"
    For your next blog title,How about....
    "Tits up....the abdominal post." And give us some good ab workout tips. Mine is lackluster to say the least.

    ReplyDelete