Weekly Workout Log

Monday-

Tuesday- Ran for 1 hour, 3.75 miles, 657 calories

Wednesday-

Thursday-

Friday-

Saturday-

Sunday-

Monday, April 27, 2009

Weigh-In 4-26-09

242.8 lbs lost 2.2

38.2% body fat up 5%



I've had another bad week. I've been kinda sick not really able to work out. And I'm super dehydrated, which is probably why I lost weight but gained body fat. Hopefully it'll get better soon.

On the brighter side, I picked up a book the other day. Triathlon Training by Eric Harr. I'm only 50 pages into it, but its pretty good. It contains plans to prepare for a Sprint Triathlon in 6 weeks. Although I'm not planning on doing a triathlon anytime soon, I'm going to do the training programs, theres 4 of them for different fitness levels, I'm thinking of doing them one after another to get myself is as good as shape as possible from the book.

A little background, in 2007, as I was getting close to graduating from the Fitness Training program I attended, we were required to participate in a triathlon. We did a little training for it in class. Went to a pool, did some laps, did a little biking, and some running. We were supposed to do more training on our own of course. I was busy going to school full time, working, and doing an internship, so I didnt have a whole helluva lot of time to train. I did some running and biking, but it was really hard for me to get to a pool, and I've never been much of a swimmer, so I didn't accomplish much when I did get to the pool. Long story short, come race day, I was about 2 laps away from finishing the swim portion, had to get out of the pool because of time constraints, spent 20 minutes feeling like I was going to throw up. Finally I did throw up, then I was fine, then I did about 2/3 of the bike portion before I finally quit because everyone had to leave.

Not finishing that triathlon was one of the most embarassing moments of my life. So I'm planning on completing the training in the book, paying extra attention to swimming, and competing in the triathlon that is put on by the program next year (2010). After that, if I enjoy it, which I think I will, I'll probably do some more of them. But for now, I'm concentrating on starting on the first day of my training as soon as I feel good enough to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment