Weekly Workout Log

Monday-

Tuesday- Ran for 1 hour, 3.75 miles, 657 calories

Wednesday-

Thursday-

Friday-

Saturday-

Sunday-

Saturday, April 4, 2009

FINALLY

Well I created this blog several weeks ago and I am FINALLY doing my first post. As you are sure to find out, I have issues with procrastination. Anyways, this is my first ever blog. Hopefully it will be decent enough to get a few readers who can help me make it a better read. Now to the meat of the issue.

A BIT ABOUT ME:

I graduated in August 2007 with an Associate degree in Fitness Training. Along with that degree, I was an NSCA (National Strength and Conditioning Association) Certified Personal Trainer. After about two months of not be being able to find a job, I freaked out, due to financial circumstances, and took a minimum wage job at Target. Since graduation I have gained roughly 30 pounds, and have lost all the gains I had made in two years of taking several weight lifting and cardio classes per quarter.

In that sense, my story is definitely not unique. Many people go through the same thing. Personally, I experienced some depression after months of not being to find a fitness job, or any job once the economy took its down turn. After that, I lost a bit of my motivation, got very unenthusiastic about life, my aforementioned procrastination took root, and voila, here I am today weighing in at over 240 pounds.

THE IDEA:

I recently have gotten back into a work out routine of sorts along side my girlfriend. I had the idea that a blog, or more specifically the readers of a blog, might provide me with a little extra motivation. My reasoning being; if I have the extra accountability of having to report my progress, and allow people to call me out when I fail to meet my goals, it will help me to regain some of the motivation and enthusiasm towards fitness that have been lost over the past year and a half.

Additionally, I would like to be able to help as many people as I can throughout my process of going from being my current flabby self to getting into the best shape of my life.

I figure, my base of knowledge, along with my past, and current experiences might be able to help people. But to do that, I need help. So here's the deal; This blog has to be based on reader input to be effective. If hearing my experience is helpful than it can be the focus. However, if readers would rather ask questions, get advice, discuss hot topics in the field, than this blog can flow into whichever direction its readers would like to explore.

As for now, since I have a lack of readers, and their input is obviously non-existent, my following blogs will consist of my weight loss progress, and outlines of my workouts.

Thank you for your future participation.

--FatTrainer

No comments:

Post a Comment