Weekly Workout Log

Monday-

Tuesday- Ran for 1 hour, 3.75 miles, 657 calories

Wednesday-

Thursday-

Friday-

Saturday-

Sunday-

Monday, April 6, 2009

Getting In The Swing Of Things

Alright, so I'm still trying to get into this whole blogging thing. Last night I was really tired from work and working out, so I fell asleep before I could do a new post. Anyways, I figured that I would post my workouts during the week, and then at the end of each week, in my case Saturday nights, I will post my weight (including loss or gain) for the week.

Yesterday (Sunday April 5th)-

On a treadmill: walked 1/4 lap, ran 3/4 at 5 - 6 mph, walked 1/4, ran 3/4 at 6 - 7 mph, walked 1/4 ran 3/4 at 6-7 mph, walked 1/4, ran 1/4 at 8 mph, walked 1/2 lap to cool down

Totals: 1 Mile, roughly 17 minutes, 145 Calories

Then I messed around doing a little bit of leg pressing, but my legs were tired so I didn't do much. And I did about 10 push-ups with my feet on a stability ball, that completely wiped out my abs and core.

OK, so that wasn't exactly much of an all around work out. But, that was the first time I've actually RAN for any prolonged period of time or distance. And it was the first time I've actually "ran" a mile for possibly 2 years. I was pretty happy with the overall effort because, to be honest, I had no idea I could go that fast. Normally I get shin splintz really bad when I try to run. I've never been a fan of treadmills, so I normally go jogging outside, and I normally jog pretty slowly, which hurts my shins, but I always thought I didn't have the stamina to run for any length. Now that I know better, I'll be doing it regularly.


Today (Monday, April 6th) -

Today I didn't do an actual workout. While checking out the fitness section of the local KMART (I typically do this at most stores that have such a section) I ended up buying a stability ball (Swiss ball). After I got the ball pumped up I spent about 2 minutes trying out some exercises that I haven't done in quite a while. My normal routine was messed up today (and will be for the next couple days) because my girlfriend was at work so we could not work out together. I'm going to try to work out during the day tomorrow and the next day (as opposed to at night like I normally do) so hopefully I'll have an actual workout to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment